Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Introduction

As my family will tell you, I'm a reader. When I was growing up, I spent as much time reading as I could (including the occasional reading under the covers with a flashlight!). My family used to tease me about the fact that they could be talking about me while sitting right next to me, and I would be oblivious! I was blessed to have a mother and grandmother who encouraged me by providing plenty of books to read. Just as importantly, I had a number of school librarians over the years who pushed and encouraged me to read beyond the fun stuff, and to try things that would challenge me. (This is why I found myself reading Jane Eyre over Christmas break when I was in 4th grade.)

Those school librarians played a big part in my decision to pursue a Masters degree in Library and Information Science, so that I could become a school librarian myself. Now that I've completed my degree, and am looking for a library position, I am excited about the opportunity to share my love of reading with children and youth.

As part of my search for a library position, I am building my professional portfolio online, and as part of this project, I am starting a blog to share reviews of books and other resources for children and teenagers. I hope you'll come back to check things out!

No comments:

Post a Comment